It’s no secret that a complex IT project can take years to complete. Digitally transforming a large organisation usually necessitates bringing on an entire team, and finding the right people to fill those roles is critical to the project’s success. JDS not only provides technical expertise and advice before and during an implementation project, but also offers ongoing support after the fact. Remote and on-site support ensure that your project continues to be successful. We also provide training for your team so that ultimately, your internal staff are confident and ready to take over when the time comes.
Two examples of extended on-site JDS support for clients in Australia are featured below.
A Large Insurance Company (LIC)
ITOM Monitoring, CMDB & Automation
JDS has provided the LIC with HPE BSM consulting services for more than eight years and support for the LIC’s full range of HPE Software (now Micro Focus) for the last three years. To give the LIC visibility into the performance of their business-critical systems and applications, we provide all the technical expertise to configure the HP BSM environment. JDS continues to support the LIC’s environment, providing assistance in upgrades and enhancements to their system and the day-to-day running of their software.
JDS has become a key partner in the LIC’s monitoring, event management, and automation teams and we regularly supplement their skills as required to build, configure, and enhance their monitoring technologies. In recent times, we have implemented OMi and migrated the LIC’s OMW instance to OMi.
As part of this project, JDS setup the integrations with third-party systems such as MS SCOM, Nagios, Solarwinds, Dell Foglight, IBM Tivoli, as well as HPE UCMDB, and HPE BSM. JDS also built the two-way integration (using HPE’s recommended method of groovy script and web services) with the LIC’s service desk tool (USD, Axios Assist, and most recently ServiceNow) and setup rules for incident ticket creations.
Without the assistance of JDS, we would not have been able to grow and mature our internal service offering and would be nowhere near as advanced as we are today.
A Large Superannuation Company (LSC)
ITOM Monitoring, CMDB & ITSM
In 2015, JDS Australia was selected by the LSC to implement their replacement Enterprise ITSM and Monitoring platform. The LSC has relied on the best practice and technical expertise provided by JDS to architect, implement, administer, and maintain:
- An enterprise event management and monitoring strategy across all of the technology for the LSC
- An enterprise ops bridge/event management solution with market leading event correlation and event handling capabilities (based on HP OMi)
- Monitoring solutions at all levels, including complex end-user monitoring (both real-user and synthetic), integration/API level monitoring as well as infrastructure/network/database monitoring solutions
- Third-party monitoring solutions where specialist monitoring requirements complement and enhance the existing HP enterprise framework
- Tight integrations with:
- Other monitoring solutions to centralise and normalise all monitoring events into the enterprise ops bridge
- The enterprise service desk solution (including automated incident ticket creation, assignment, updates, etc. driven by monitoring events)
- An escalation management solution (via the enterprise ops bridge) to provide a consistent and traceable event escalation management solution for business hours and on-call support teams
- Dashboard/presentation solutions for both ITSM and monitoring solutions to provide near real–time views that are relevant to all levels of business/technical users at the LSC
- Training and mentoring of LSC internal teams for enterprise monitoring and event management (at both a business and technical level)
- On-site business hours support and 24/7 off-site technical support with LSC specific incident response and resolution capability
- Customised monitoring policies and integrations where no OOTB solution meets LSC requirements
- Configuration management solutions providing CI discovery and IT Service mapping that underpin key integrations and ability to perform event/change impact analysis
- Automation solutions (using HPOO and other toolsets and customisations) to automate manual processes that are error prone when done manually and/or resource/time-saving for the LSC
JDS has a current three-year contract to perform the day-to-day maintenance, support, and expansion of the LSC’s ITSM and Enterprise Event Management/Monitoring platform.
JDS Australia has provided invaluable support for us over the last few years. They have operated both remotely and on-site as part of our team. Their personnel have been able to operate across strategy and planning, installation and configuration, standing up of services, documentation, training and upskilling of company staff, and regular and out-of-hours support.
If you are looking for support for a current technical project, or simply want access to ongoing support for your environment, contact JDS today. Our expert team of local support consultants can provide you with personal service, fast issue resolution, and expedited ticket raising with our vendor partners.